Now that finals are over I can dedicate a lot more time to this lovely blog. I wanted to share a recipe for a yummy dip that I love to make for potlucks. I made this for one of my finals since we were encouraged to bring snacks.
Note: This five layer bean dip can easily be made seven layers with the addition of avocado and black olives.
Let’s get started!
- Refried beans (canned or homemade)
- Sour cream
- Taco seasoning
- Green onions
- Place your beans at the bottom of a small square pan. Spread around evenly. [OPTIONAL: spread avocado over the bean mixture and continue with step two]
- Mix sour cream and taco seasoning in a bowl. You don’t need to use the whole pack of seasoning. Start with half and add more as desired.
- Spread sour cream mixture over the beans.
- Slice the green onions into thin slices and sprinkle over sour cream mixture until you have as many as you would like.
- Dice tomatoes and add on top with onions. Use as many as you’d like. [OPTIONAL: add slices of black olives]
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Y’all this is my go to dip recipe and it is so yummy. If you need it to be long lasting I would leave out the avocado, which is what I did yesterday. I don’t like olives so I didn’t add those but a lot of people love them!
If you make this dip, tag me on instagram: ohlivsblog!