Today was a rough day getting to work. I was waiting until the last possible second to leave my house. On days like this I like to listen to some of my favorite car singing songs, that I wouldn’t necessarily sing in front of people because I get really, REALLY into them. These songs range from love songs to upbeat jump around songs. Without further ado let’s get to the list.
- Must Be Doing Something Right by Billy Currington — Ok, so first off, this is my all time favorite song. If this wasn’t on the list… I would be very concerned. I like this song because it gives me a sense of comfort and that everything will be fine. This is probably because I have listened to this song for 87% of my life. It is no surprise that I listen to my favorite song on my way to work on an “I don’t want to” kind of day.
- In Love With a Girl by Gavin DeGraw — This is like my “UGH!” jam even though it is a really positive song. I like it because it is a little bit rock-y and I just thoroughly enjoy belting this song out. Give me a backroad, windows rolled down, and this song blaring and my mood would be cured.
- Boyfriend by Justin Bieber — Who doesn’t love to sing this song especially whisper parts. Girl, yes! Or boy, whatever, whoever, I am down for this song!
- Livin’ On a Prayer by Bon Jovi — This song is my go-to jam! Forget Don’t Stop Believin’, this song gives me so many 80’s rock vibes. I know all the words which is key to making my day better. Also I like to scream the whoa’s.
- Nothin’ Like You by Dan + Shay — The day this album came out I knew that this was going to be a song that I like to sing in my car and on the train and everywhere. It is so fun and I like to emphasize the “ooo’s.” Nothing like yooooou, there ain’t no muuuuusic, etc.
- Guinevere by Eli Young Band — With all of these jams I feel like I need to slow it down a bit. This is the perfect song because it still has some drama to it and I am all about the drama on a slow/bad day.
- Check Yes or No by George Strait — A classic. That’s all. Just classic. Love it.
- This Love by Maroon 5 — Does anyone know who else is in M5 besides Adam Levine? No. Me neither. Any who, if you don’t jam to this song you are so wrong. This song has the edge and the sass and the funk and it is freaking great!
- Burnin’ Up by The Jonas Brothers — My favorite party song since 2000 (or whenever it came out) and the song that will forever put me in a good mood. The first bar of this song just perks up my ears and my heart. I can’t not be happy when I listen to this song. (sorry for the double negative)
- Like We Did by The Maine — My favorite band. My favorite jam by them. It is fun and again it is one of those songs that I scream at the top of my lungs.
Sorry this post was mostly me saying the same thing about every song using different words, but this is my playlist for my days when I just don’t feel like going to work. It doesn’t happen all of the time but when it does I have found my cure. These songs give me a sense of joy that I have only found in music and they make the work day more do-able. Leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite songs to listen to on your way to work on an “I don’t wanna” kind of day.
PS You can now follow me on twitter @OhLivsBlog PSA:I haven’t tweeted yet.